Thursday 1 November 2012

Bauble

I've finished a quick knitting project this evening - a knitted bauble for my Christmas tree! It probably took an hour from start to finish. I'm not sure whether I'll felt it, what do you think?


 
I hope to make a few more in time for decorating my tree at the start of December. I know it's a little early for all this talk of Christmas but it comes early in our house, the lovely Tim and I get very excited. I've had my advent calendar since September.
 
I got the pattern as a freebie from Ravely, if you are a member it's the Knitted and Felted Ornaments and Garland Pattern by Leigh Radford. The pattern calls for aran (worsted) wool and luckily I had some fab stripey Abuelita Merino Worsted Multi leftover from a cardigan I knitted for my lovely niece. The wool is available from Pickles, a Norwegian shop but they ship worldwide. They have some really lovely knitting patterns and wool.

2 comments: