Thursday 3 January 2013

I'm a Lucky Girl

Happy New Year! I have had a wonderful Christmas holiday this year, I really enjoyed spending time with my family. New Years was less exciting, it was spent on the sofa ill, which really has become an annual tradition. That has meant I'd delayed playing with my new toy until tonight - a new sewing machine!!!


It's a Brother Innovis 55. It is a thing of beauty. I love the self threading facility and the fact that you don't have to use a foot pedal (I know!). It does far more stitches than I know what to do with. Oh it is so good.


I also got the Brother Creative Quilting kit as a freebie. It includes a quilting table, free motion quilting accessories, a quarter inch foot (I couldn't do a quarter inch seam with old borrowed machine) and best of all a WALKING FOOT! Yippee, no more forcing fabric through! Do you want to see it? Of course you do!


 Right enough practise - I need to start my next quilty project.

2 comments: